Payment & Shipping Terms:
General Dynamics Model 950 Antenna Control System
The Model 950 Control Systems can be used with almost any limited motion antenna for precision satellite tracking applications.
The system comprises an Antenna Control Unit (ACU), Tracking Receiver Unit (TRU) and a Power Drive Unit (PDU) which are linked via dedicated Ethernet connections. This provides flexibility in locating the key system components, allows for variable separation distances and provides immunity to electrical ground plane transients.
Tracking Accuracy - Optrack
Normally better than 5% of the receive beamwidth in winds of 30 mph gusting to 45 mph, satellite inclination of up to 15º and signal scintillation of up to 2 dB.
Normally better than 0.05º RMS in winds of 30 mph gusting to 45 mph. This includes all drive train errors, but excludes structural errors between the position transducers and RF beam.
Features of the ACU are:
• Optrack, which provides high performance tracking of stable or inclined orbit satellites with an adaptive, self-learning ephemeris modeling mode
• Easy touch screen operation
• Informative display with full text color readouts
• Extensive diagnostic monitoring and test capabilities
• Antenna and satellite simulators
• Supervisory Control Link (Ethernet; TCP/IP or RS-232/422).
• Fully software field upgradable
Portable Maintenance Unit
The Portable Maintenance Unit (PMU) provides manually commanded, bi-directional control of all axes. It has the following features:
• Hand held ruggedized unit with a 10-ft pendant cable and 40-ft extension cable for convenient local operation at the antenna
• Backup means of moving antenna and is ACU independent
• Four line, 20 character display for axis positions, tracking signal strength, and scrolling status messages
• Modes include position jog and Hi/Lo speed
• Optional weather proof access junction boxes at convienient antenna locations
• Enable/Disable per axis